The Seminar discussed the UK Election and the ongoing importance of the relationship between Ireland and the UK within the EU.
Arthur Beesley, Economics Editor, The Irish Times, moderated the discussion.
- Lucinda Creighton, RENUA Ireland
- Rt Hon Lord Foulkes of Cumnock, Labour
- Rt Hon The Lord Addington, Liberal Democrat
- Dermot O’Leary, Chief Economist, Goodbody
- John McGrane, Director, British Irish Chamber of Commerce
“We want to move forward with TTIP…we should work more closely together on important international issues”
Rt Hon Lord Foulkes of Cumnock
“I would welcome a referendum to put the European question to bed in the UK…then rebuild a relationship with the EU”
The declining authority of party whips mean the next parliament will be volatile, regardless of the composition of government
Rt Hon The Lord Addington
“€28 billion of exports from the UK to Ireland annually”
“The notion of a Europe without Britain is extraordinarily impactful for Ireland”